Playing the Blame / Shame game is a human endeavor and it is extremely dangerous to ANY Marriage, Business, or Partnership.
Choose who you want to tell your story to, but tell it to someone who can bear the weight of that story with Humility, Love, and Empathy.
Are you Guilty of discharging Pain and Discomfort?
People often tend to blame when in PAIN or a distressing place of life. Bad STUFF happens, don’t BLAME anyone; this includes YOURSELF and all the other people the THEY and THEM of the world. Know this Darkness will NOT last forever!
Just SAY NO to name-calling & giving LOW Diggs!
Be HONEST how many times have you believed that YOU are UNLOVEABLE and UnWorthy of any meaningful connections and true belonging?
Did you know that the feeling of being UNLOVEABLE is a threat to human survival? How else could the devil acquire such devotion from all the EVIL GANG members, mass murderers, and the like?
Do you EXPLODE on people for making a mistake?
Emotions, we have so many of them.
When you are shamed you are more likely to intensify SHAME on those around you with less power, most often its the most vulnerable people around you. Look into their EYES!
For the eyes are the gateway to the SOUL!
Time slows down, your gut hurts, your face gets red, your palms tingle, you sweat, you feel SMALL, you have the inability to hold a gaze, perhaps even tunnel vision.
These same SHAME factors are equal in those that experience tremendous trama.
Before you speak, THINK…
T – is it True?
H – is it Helpful?
I – is it Inspiring?
N – is it Necessary?
K – is it Kind?
The circle of Secrecy, Silence, and Judgment will creep into every corner and crevice if you allow the Blame and Shame game into your heart.
WHO is the Narrator of YOUR STORY?
Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to cover the situation and bring you through to LOVE, Healing, and Forgiveness.
1. STEP UP:
Lead. Initiate. Be a person of action. Assume it is your job and your moment. Hate apathy. Reject passivity.
- When David heard of it, he sent Joab and all the army, the mighty men…”Be strong, and let us show ourselves courageous for the sake of our people and for the cities of our God; and may the LORD do what is good in His sight.” –2 Samuel 10:7,12
- “I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one.” – Ezekiel 22:30
Other Scriptures to help Step UP:
2. SPEAK OUT:
Silence in the midst of sin is a sin. Be courageous. Fear God not man. Speak the truth in love.
- Better is open rebuke than love that is concealed. Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy. – Proverbs 27:5-6
- Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all the unfortunate. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the afflicted and needy. – Proverbs 31:8-9
- But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence. – 1 Peter 3:15
Other Scriptures to help you Speak Out:
3. STAND STRONG:
Don’t give in when you are challenged, attacked or criticized.
- “Now behold, I have made you today as a fortified city and as a pillar of iron and as walls of bronze against the whole land, to the kings of Judah, to its princes, to its priests and to the people of the land. They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you,” declares the LORD. – Jeremiah 1:18-19
- Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. – I Corinthians 15:58
- Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. – 1 Peter 5:8-9
Other Scriptures to help you STAND STRONG:
4. STAY HUMBLE:
Be vigilant against pride. Get the log out of your eye. Don’t think less of yourself, think of yourself less.
- Let the righteous smite me in kindness and reprove me; It is oil upon the head; Do not let my head refuse it, for still my prayer is against their wicked deeds. – Psalm 141:5
- You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:5-7
Other Scripture that will help you stay humble:
5. SERVE THE KING:
Seek first His Kingdom, His glory, His righteousness. Hope in the eternal. Live for a greater reward.
- “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”- Matthew 6:33
- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” – Mark 10:45
Other Scripture that will help you Serve the King: